xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] [rfc] [patch] 64-bitize guest handles

On Jun 28, 2006, at 1:10 PM, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 06:34 -0400, Jimi Xenidis wrote:

   #define set_xen_guest_handle(hnd, val) \
       do { \
           if (sizeof ((hnd).__pad)) \
               (hnd).__pad = 0; \
           (hnd).p = val; \
       } while (0)

I like the union better than a struct with carefully-constructed
non-overlapping members.

hmm, really! Ok, then you will have to also fix:
#define get_xen_guest_handle(val, hnd) do { val = (hnd).p; } while (0)

or the 32bit caller will only get the high-order 32bit into val.

Also, the separate assignment to 0 would be avoided.

In 32 bits the store in of a long long is still 2 stw instructions, and the conditional will get optimized away so the instruction sequence is equivalent.

I'll leave it to you.
-JX