xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] [RFC] 64mb Chunk Allocator

How is this expected to be integrated into existing memory allocators in
Xen?  Would the other allocators always allocate their own chunks to
work with and divide them up into smaller pieces or would other
allocators compete with the chunk allocator?

Whereas the allocation strategies chosen by Linux encourage
fragmentation and make memory hot-unplug difficult, this could be an
opportunity to introduce a generic large-granularity memory-management
layer that makes it easier to deal with hot-plug and large pages.

--
Michal Ostrowski <mostrows@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>