xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] device discovery for dart, open pic, uart etc

To: butrico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [XenPPC] device discovery for dart, open pic, uart etc
From: Segher Boessenkool <segher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 16:18:07 +0200
Cc: xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 13 May 2006 07:18:23 -0700
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In addition Jimi and I have a bit of disagreement over the location of the property #size-cells. Jimi believes that the absence of this property should indicate that one is to look further up the tree, whereas I think that the absence of this property should indicate that it reverts to its default value of 1.

You are right here; #size-cells defaults to 1 if the property is absent from
your parent node.  Similar for #address-cells, but that defaults to 2.

There is additional complication that for the property 'reg' the #size-cells of interest is one slot up the tree and for the property 'ranges' it is not.

And for "ranges", it defaults to 1 if the property is absent from _this_ node.

Segher