xen-merge

Re: [Xen-merge] FW: Xen and the Art of Linux/ia64 Virtualization

To: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-merge] FW: Xen and the Art of Linux/ia64 Virtualization
From: Arun Sharma <arun.sharma@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:24:55 -0700
Cc: xen-merge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 21:23:00 +0000
Sender: xen-merge-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) wrote:
Sorry for the lengthy delay.  I unexpectedly had to take
a week off.

Thanks for the feedback.  Could you elaborate what
you mean (e.g. common CONFIG)?

+obj-$(CONFIG_XEN) += simserial.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_XEN) += hpsim_console.o

I guess what Chris is trying to say is, someone can run xenlinux on machines that don't require simserial and hpsim_console. Also, someone can run simserial and hpsim_console on machines that are not running Xen.

Therefore they're two independent options and the user should be able to select them independently at kernel configuration time.

        -Arun