RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] IA64 xen-3.3 unstable hanging

On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 10:30 +0900, Akio Takebe wrote:
> The above is different from the following log.
> Is this the right elilo entry?
> >>(XEN) Xen command line: BOOT_IMAGE=scsi0:EFI\redhat\xen-3.3.gz root=/dev/
> >>VolGroup00/LogVol00 com1=38400,8n1,0x2f8,45 dom0_mem=2048M
>
> Your elilo.conf shows xen's parameter = "com1=38400,8n1,0x2f8,45
> dom0_mem=2048M".
> The log show xen's parmeters = "root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 com1=38400,8n1,
> 0x2f8,45 dom0_mem=2048M".
>
> If this is correct, we need to investigate the parameters is passed properly.
> And Using "loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all" in xen's parameters may be helpful.

We used to have an issue that a root= line in the elilo.conf would get
processed this way (added to the xen half of the command line).  IIRC,
Aron fixed this for us.  Perhaps it's an older elilo.efi and there's a
global root= somewhere.  I don't think that's the issue though as there
should be more output around setting up dom0 before we actually start
dom0.  We're dying somewhere in start_kernel() between the call to
init_rid_allocator() and construct_dom0().  Perhaps Kayvan could add
some printks in this area to let us know when it stops.  It's
interesting that gsi 45 is specified for the console interrupt and the
console interrupt can be enabled in that gap.  Has the console interrupt
always been specified there?  What happens if you don't specify?
Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.