RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] pv_ops polish: remove fsys.S changes

>> Commit a07b265c618c279a84bac8f75f5acba1c1646200 is quit intrusive,
>> it removed code from entry.S to a new file switch_entry.S and create
>> 1000 lines of patch.
>>
>> At least we stay in original file, not?
>
> At least xen/ia64 needs to paravirtualize ia64_swtich_to,

I did a scan on Alex's tree and find the diff between entry.S
& xenentry.S is very small, see the attachment, probably KR set
need to by modified.
For rest, what I saw is just a sensitive instruction replacement,
we can do using indirect function call, or leave to future.

> ia64_leave_syscall and ia64_leave_kernel.
> The discussion for hand written assembly code indicates that single
> source and multiple compile.

This is easy for IVT & gate page, but for those normal APIs, I am
conservative
except indirect function call can't solve the problem.

> I think the clean way to do for those three functions is to split out
> them from entry.S. Cluttering out entry.S by ifdef would be uglry.
> Do you have better idea?

Maybe my above finding is wrong, otherwise leave it for now is fine.

Eddie