RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Patch status

To: "Alex Williamson" <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>, "xen-ia64-devel" <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Patch status
From: "Kayvan Sylvan" <kayvan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 19:34:59 -0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 19:35:15 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everyone,

I just pulled the latest sources (xen-3.3-unstable) and built and
installed it under Redhat Advanced Server 4.4.

Using an HVM guest OS, I can only bump up the vcpus to 28, even though
the physical machine has 64 (32 dual-core) processors available.

Maybe I am not understanding something about the correspondence of
virtual to physical CPUs. Can someone please explain?

I even bumped up CONFIG_NR_CPUS to 128 in the Xen kernel config.

I would like to give the maximum number of processors to the HVM guest
to do some benchmarks with the latest code and compare against the
native benchmarks.

Thanks!

                        ---Kayvan