RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Open GFW Howto

Hi Amy

Mu, Qin writes:
> Thanks so much for your help! With your helpful patch, the guest HVM can
> finally be successfully created and work very well.

That's good.

> Based on observation to this patch file, it seems that troublemaker might be
> the invocation of check_regs() since a workable guest firmware binary also
> can be built out with only commenting out this function in Timer.c source
> file.
>
> Is it suitable to place this patch under edk2-patches directory as other
> patches, to avoid the same build problem might be encountered by other users?

I think edk2-patches should be applied for edk2 directory that is from
https://edk2.tianocore.org/svn/edk2/trunk/edk2
and edk2-sparse is a newer directory for XEN.
So my patch should be applied there.

Anyway, as Tristan pointed out, my patch is incomplete.
I'll post an official patch later. Tristan will apply it on
http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/efi-vfirmware.hg.

Thanks,
Kouya