Re: [Xen-devel] xend "sysctl operation failed"

To: Aron Griffis <aron@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xend "sysctl operation failed"
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 16:31:35 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 08:32:21 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 7/11/07 16:02, "Aron Griffis" <aron@xxxxxx> wrote:

>> You need to reinstall the tools.
>
> I have, multiple times, including "make uninstall" first.
>
> What are you anticipating that a tools re-install will fix?

The sysctl is almost certainly failing because of a interface version
mismatch. Could you be building the tools and Xen against different versions
of the public sysctl.h header file?

Try instrumenting xen/common/sysctl.c in the hypervisor and see if you are
indeed failing on the obvious version check at the top of the do_sysctl()
function.

 -- Keir