[Xen-ia64-devel] a lot of CPE happen when xen boot

To: "xen-ia64-devel" <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] a lot of CPE happen when xen boot
From: "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:41:30 +0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 00:42:16 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I found there are a lot of CPEs when XEN boots,Most of CPES happen
inside functions clear_page
And most of CPEs are memory error or PCI error through the SAL ERROR
LOG,
If CPEs take place 5 times in 1 second, it will change to POLL CPE mode,
The output like following,

(XEN) Scrubbing Free RAM:
...............................................<1>WARN
ING: Switching to polling CPE handler; error records may be lost

I modified function scrub_heap_pages, to let it return at very
beginning, that means XEN will not clear memory.

void __init scrub_heap_pages(void)
{
        return;
}

Then most of CPEs disappear, and it will not change to POLL CPE mode,

And I also checked memory access addresses inside function clear_page
when CPE takes place.
All these addresses are reasonable.

Then I have no idea how to root cause it.

Please enlighten me if you have any suggestion.

Thanks
Anthony