[Xen-ia64-devel] Re: Kexec

To: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: Kexec
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:34:28 +0900
Cc: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 22:35:00 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 05:01:44PM -0600, Alex Williamson wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
>    I'm sure you're off on holiday by now, but I've applied most of your
> patches for kexec.  I left out the EFI remapping and the ACPI table
> save/restore.  As we discussed in a separate email, this should allow UP
> Xen-to-Xen kexecs.  I haven't tested kexec'ing, but all the existing
> functionality and performance still appears to be intact.  I'd like to
> investigate the id/eid virtualization before added in the ACPI table
> support.  I do have a system that doesn't boot w/o the id/eid munging.
> It seems like I've looked at this recently, but I can't remember enough
> details.  On the EFI remapping side, I'd like to make sure we're not
> introducing a security hole before going down that path.  Thanks for all
> your hard work on this, hopefully having the bulk of the patches in-tree
> will help out.  Thanks,

Thanks, that is wonderful news.

I'm now back on deck, but wading through a bit of a backlog.
I will get to the handful of patches that have been posted while
I was away as soon as possible, but first I need to merge my tree
with yours. Hopefully you'll hear more from me a little later in the
week.

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/