Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Regression: [IA64] Saner dom0 memory and cpu defaul

To: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Regression: [IA64] Saner dom0 memory and cpu defaults
From: Alexander Færøy <eroyf@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 15:50:18 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 06:54:15 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi again,

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 09:23:36AM -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> For the moment, use that, I guess. I'm currently without the cycles to
> work on a proper fix, though one hacky way to do it might be to alter
> the accounting if IA64_DIG is defined, as this only seems to trigger on
> boxes with kernels that have CONFIG_IA64_DIG enabled. (Mine all use
> CONFIG_IA64_GENERIC, which has no such problem).

I have now tried the N-64 trick without any luck.

My system is built with the CONFIG_IA64_GENERIC option. It's a Dell
poweredge 3250 box with two 1.4GHz CPU's and 2048MB RAM.

Here is a link to my kernel config[1], my elilo.conf[2] and the output
from the kernel when it tries to boot[3].

Best Regards,
Alex

[1] http://dev.exherbo.org/~eroyf/pub/ia64/xen/kernel-config.txt
[2] http://dev.exherbo.org/~eroyf/pub/ia64/xen/elilo.conf