RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Question about vmx_ivt.S

To: <tgingold@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Question about vmx_ivt.S
From: "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 16:23:20 +0800
Cc: Xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 01:23:58 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
VHPT speculative load happens in the same time when tlb_miss handler is
executing.

    180     ld8 r25 = [r17]
    181     ld8 r27 = [r18]
    182     ld8 r29 = [r28]
    183     dep r22 = -1,r24,63,1    //set ti=1
    184     ;;
    185     st8 [r16] = r29, VLE_ITIR_OFFSET - VLE_TITAG_OFFSET
    186     st8 [r28] = r22, VLE_ITIR_OFFSET - VLE_TITAG_OFFSET
    187     extr.u r19 = r27, 56, 4
    188     mf

Mf is to make sure that before modifying vhpt entry, vhpt entry must be
disabled, otherwise VHPT walker hardware may see enabled half modified vhpt
entry(definitely wrong entry), and load it into TLB cache.

Notice
For example, Write2 is after write1,
Write2 may be visible before write1.

- Anthony