[Xen-ia64-devel] [Xen-ia64][Open guest firmware patch]Enable windows on

To: <tgingold@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] [Xen-ia64][Open guest firmware patch]Enable windows on open guest firmware
From: "Zhang, Xing Z" <xing.z.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:27:28 +0800
Cc: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>, xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 21:25:11 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Tristan:

         Attachment is a series of patches which enable windows on open guest firmware. The details as below:

Fix compiling patches:

Add_build_script.patch:  Add a script which make compiling process smooth

Remove_unused_headerfile.patch:  remove unused headerfile which block compiling.

Fix open guest firmware patches:

Handle_unaliagned_reference.patch: handle un-aligned reference fault and add a structure to make code more readable

Fix_wrong_mem_mapping.patch: Don’t register memory area for VGA hole, otherwise windows think the device is in error.

Support OS:

         UP linux/windows server 2003

         SMP linux/window server 2003

Key feature:

         Current Intel’s GFW features except NVRAM.

         Not sure if it supports OS_INIT.

Known Issue:

1.       “Build –v” still can’t produce setupbrowser.dll file.  I must use the “SetupBrowser.efi” which you sent to me to pass compiling.

2.       FPSWA driver need be loaded by manual. I am go on looking for the root cause why bootloader failed to load FPSWA driver.

Hope community to continue to contribute to it.