Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [Patch 4/4] Xwindow: Modify pci_acpi_scan_root()

To: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [Patch 4/4] Xwindow: Modify pci_acpi_scan_root()
From: Jun Kamada <kama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 14:02:45 +0900
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 22:00:49 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Alex-san,

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:24:25 -0600
Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx> wrote:
>    Some more comments below.  Thanks for switching to the standard list
> implementation, it looks better.  How do you propose coordinating the
> patches for xen-ia64-devel vs the one for xen-devel?  Should we get the
> latter in first, then proceed w/ the xen-ia64-devel patch?  Thanks,

Thank you for your comments. I would like to modify the code and re-post
them to xen-ia64-devel. And also, I will post the ia64/x86 common patch
to xen-devel before posting the ia64 specfic patches.

There are few answer and question below.

> However, what if this grows the range such that it bumps into the
> entries around it.  Do you plan to merge them?  Maybe keeping the list
> sorted would make this easier.

I consider it's better to merge them. I'll try to write a code to do so.

> Thanks, the comments below are helpful, but wouldn't it make sense to do
> this as a recursive algorithm?  Doesn't something like this do the same
> thing (untested)?

Actually, I wrote the code as a recursive algorithm at first. I wonder
recursive algorithm may consume kernel stack significantly. Isn't it a
serious problem?

Thanks,

-----
Jun Kamada