[Xen-ia64-devel] Re: complie qestion about open source GFW

To: "Zhang, Xing Z" <xing.z.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: complie qestion about open source GFW
From: Tristan Gingold <tgingold@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 21:54:12 +0200
Cc: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 May 2007 12:47:23 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 06:38:45PM +0800, Zhang, Xing Z wrote:
> Hi Tristan:
>       Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I am still broken by some issues.
>       With cset2359 you mentioned the build.sh can not patch edk2.diffs
> successfully. With a later cset2398 which showed in edk2.diffs, "sh build.sh"
> can pass but still failed at ". env.sh" which build tools for EDK2.
>       So could you confirm Cset2359 is right? And what is version of gcc in
> standard debian? what assembler complier you used? Is it binutils-2.16.1?
Hi,

sorry you are right.  The correct cset is 2398.
I can't remember the gcc version (the machine is not on yet).
It is either the debian gcc (3.3 and binutils 2.16) or the locally built
version (gcc 4.1 and binutils 2.7).

But it really shouldn't matter.  What is the error ?
Have you installed all the required tools (java, ant, saxon ...)  Be really
careful about the version (IIRC a more recent version of saxon doesn't work but
it might have been fixed).

Tristan.