[Xen-ia64-devel] [Patch 0/4] [RFC] Patches for supporting Xwindow on our

To: Akio Takebe <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] [Patch 0/4] [RFC] Patches for supporting Xwindow on ourPRIMEQUEST
From: Jun Kamada <kama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 14:23:53 +0900
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 May 2007 22:22:24 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Takebe-san and all,

Thank you for your advice. According to your advice, I will re-post the
patch set.

On Sat, 26 May 2007 12:27:09 +0900
Akio Takebe <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a comment.
> If these patches are applied,
> xen-ia64 don't need to use drivers/xen/char/mem.c, right?
> If so, we should modify Makefile and Kconfig
> related to drivers/xen/char/mem.c, shouldn't we?

We need no longer drivers/xen/char/mem.c for xen-ia64.
Therefore I modified the Makefile and Kconfig, and updated the patch set.

-----
Following are brief description of the patch set.

[1/4] revert_paravirt_pcimmap.patch: Revert paravirtualization to remap
                                     /proc/pci.
[2/4] remove_paravirt_dev_mem.patch: Disable paravirtualization to remap
                                     /dev/mem.
[3/4] ifdef_arch_has_dev_mem.patch: Add "#ifdef ARCH_HAS_DEV_MEM" to
                                    archtecture specific file_operations.
[4/4] new_paravirt_pci.patch: Issue ioremap hypercall in pci_acpi_scan_root()
                              in order to map /dev/mem.

Patches [1/4], [2/4] and [4/4] are ia64 specific and [3/4] is archtecture
independent. I will post the patch [3/4] to xen-devel mailing list after
finishing discussion on this mailing list.

Best regards,

-----
Jun Kamada
Virtual Systems Development Div.