Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] IA64 Intel further problems

To: Radek Antoniuk <r.antoniuk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] IA64 Intel further problems
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 12:36:57 -0600
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 May 2007 11:35:07 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 19:04 +0200, Radek Antoniuk wrote:
> Well. Not all drivers, but the needed for the FS mounting :)
> Indeed parted showed the partitions:
> Disk /dev/sda: 36.7GB
> Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
> Partition Table: gpt
>
> Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name  Flags
>   1      17.4kB  130MB   130MB   fat16              boot
>   2      130MB   9567MB  9437MB  ext3         /
>   3      9567MB  13.8GB  4194MB  linux-swap
>
> and my fstab:
> proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
> /dev/sda2       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
> /dev/sda3       none            swap    sw              0       0
> /dev/hda        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0
>

> Hm, I have read somewhere about the necessity of using LABEL= in append
> line of elilo.conf.

LABEL= is typical on some distribution, but use of it does require an
initrd.  IIRC, the proper usage of it is something like "root=LABEL=/".

> Maybe that is the cause?
> However i've tried now, following your suggestion:
>          append="dom0_mem=1G -- root=/dev/sda2 LABEL=/"
>
> And, surprise, no xen console output, and of course restart because of
> rootfs panic. So I guess the console lines still have to be there ;)

Bummer.  Is this an Intel Tiger system?

> For the bootlog, it's quite a problem cause it doesn't get logged
> anywhere...

If you're using a serial console, simply log the output.  script or
minicom or a multitude of other programs can log the output.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.