Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Serial woes with kexec on an HP RX2620

To: Akio Takebe <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Serial woes with kexec on an HP RX2620
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 17:30:17 +0900
Cc: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>, xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 May 2007 01:28:28 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 02:23:59PM +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 01:36:45PM +0900, Akio Takebe wrote:
> > Hi, Horms
>
> Hi Takebe-san,
>
> > After kexec, what kernel do you use?
> > Xen or linux kernel?
>
> I am going from Xen to Xen
>
> > I think you don't call iosapic_register_intr(),
> > arguments of iosapic_register_intr() are wrong.
> > Can you check that efi.hcdp is passed to second kernel properly?
>
> I will check.

I am pretty sure that iosapic_register_intr() is being called.
Here is a dump of some relevant variables in start_kernel()
The output is the same pre and post kdump.

(XEN) efi.hcdp=3fe2a000
(XEN) ns16550_com1_gsi=22
(XEN) ns16550_com1_polarity=1
(XEN) ns16550_com1_trigger=1
(XEN) opt_xencons=1

And to answer Alex's earlier question, the serial port in question
is the one on the motherboard, bot the one on the management processor -
I went into the lab and checked.

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/