Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [Patch] cleanup warning of UC|WB attributepage

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 09:58 +0900, Akio Takebe wrote:

> BTW, I also thought another approch to prevent these case.
> Because these memory area is accessed as both UC and WB,
> we need to use new flag.
> (For example _PAGE_MA_UCE, I'm not sure we can use this flag for UC|WB.
> or should we make new flag?)
>
> In consideration of stability, I didn't make new flag.
> (Because I must check many part of memory access.)
> Which approch do you prefer? or another suggestion?

   That does sound rather involved.  Unless others think the UCE page is
a better way to go, perhaps we should use something like the approach
you're suggesting.  Newer upstream efi.c has a efi_mem_attribute()
function that will give you the attributes for a given range of memory.
Rather than implementing yet another EFI memmap walking routine, what do
you think about updating efi.c to a newer upstream version and making
use of this function?  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.