[Xen-ia64-devel] steal_page(MEMF_no_refcount) page->count_info no longer

To: Isaku Yamahata <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] steal_page(MEMF_no_refcount) page->count_info no longer consistent
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:55:27 -0700
Cc: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:54:51 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Isaku,

   Current xen-unstable.hg tip has a problem booting dom0 that I'd like
your opinion on.  We're failing the check in steal_page() that ensures
that count_info is 2 when called with the MEMF_no_refcount flag.  In
fact, it seems that steal_page() is now getting called for pages that
have a count_info of 1 or 2.  Are we being overly paranoid with this
check, or is this an indication of a deeper problem?  The change seems
to have been introduced by the recent memory allocator changes which
removed the bit width restrictions.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.