Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] XenU will crash Xen in CSet # 13773.

To: Isaku Yamahata <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] XenU will crash Xen in CSet # 13773.
From: Yongkang You <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:51:59 +0800
Cc: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 06:51:35 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Isaku Yamahata wrote:
On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 05:48:33PM +0800, You, Yongkang wrote:
In latest Changeset 13773, if creating XenU, Xen0 would crash and hang.
The hang happened when XenU try to bring up its network.

At least domU network works for me.
Looking the panic log, the issue looks similar which I was seeing
before c/s 13773:ef646312685f.
Given that c/s 13773 resoved my issue, could you make sure your
build environment?

- linux-2.6.18-xen/drivers/xen/core/skbuff.c must not exist.
- the following three configs shouldn't exist in linux dot config
  CONFIG_HAVE_ARCH_ALLOC_SKB=y
  CONFIG_HAVE_ARCH_DEV_ALLOC_SKB=y
  CONFIG_XEN_SKBUFF=y

Alghough you might have checked those already or you might have built
from scratch, please check it again.

Hi Isaku,

Our every build comes from clean "hg co". I have double checked the source as you suggested. I didn't find skbuff.c and can not grep any "SKB" in buildconfigs/*

Any other clue could I provide to track the issue?

Best Regards,
Yongkang