[Xen-ia64-devel] [PV-on-HVM] Hypercall optimizations

To: "xen-ia64-devel" <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] [PV-on-HVM] Hypercall optimizations
From: "Kasai Takanori" <kasai.takanori@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:22:56 +0900
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 04:24:46 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

We tested pv-on-hvm. But pv-on-hvm doesn't work by Hypercall optimizations.
・xen-ia64-unstable.hg : 13367
 [IA64] Hypercall optimizations

If we load xen-platform-pci.ko, the following errors occur.

 # insmod xen-platform-pci.ko
 xen_platform_pci: Unknown symbol __hypercall
 insmod: error inserting 'xen-platform-pci.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

It is necessary to export functio of __ hypercall() in unmodified_drivers. However, function of __hypercall() is defined by assembler code.
How should we define function of __hypercall() in unmodified_drivers?
Then, how should export symbol of __hypercall()?

Best Regards,

--
Takanori Kasai