[Xen-devel] Call hypercall straightly from user space

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Call hypercall straightly from user space
From: "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:03:19 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 00:03:09 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi keir,

As you mention before, we may call hypercall straightly from user space
rather than bouncing through guest kernel.

I'm planning to do this.

I want to modifty three hypercalls first.( I think they are frequently
used).
1. send_event_pending,
2. hvm_set_isa_irq_level,
3. hvm_set_pci_intx_level.

In the first hypercall, it sends port through pointer rather than value.
Thus it's difficult to call send_event_pending from user space due to
there is no similar mechanism as xencomm in user space.

Is it possible we pass port through value in send_event_pending
hypercall?

If you agree.
I would like to do this.

--Anthony