Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 1/6] SN2+Machvec support core files

To: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 1/6] SN2+Machvec support core files
From: Jes Sorensen <jes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:08:30 +0100
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 01:08:43 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Alex Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 15:13 +0100, jes@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> Original files copied from Linux, requires for initial SN2 and machine
>> vector support.
>
> Hi Jes,
>
>    I'm having trouble figuring out which Linux version each of these
> came from.  I think it's important that the commit log indicate exactly
> where the file comes from for future reference.  Also, there are quite a
> few files in linux-xen that don't seem to be touched by the subsequent
> patches (therefore they are identical to linux and should be in the
> linux directory).  I'll note the ones I've found below:

I basically took the files from the Linux tree that was pulled into the
Xen build at the time I copied the files over. As this didn't happen all
at once, it's going to be quite a nightmare to figure out exactly which
file came from where and when.

I can do this, but it will take me a fair amount of time to rebuild the
patch :(

Same goes for the linux-xen/linux directory. It's a total mess as it is
since we are likely to modify most of the files anyway. Wouldn't it be
simpler to just get rid of the linux directory once and for all and be
done with it?

Cheers,
Jes