[Xen-ia64-devel] xen-ia64-unstable.hg status

To: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] xen-ia64-unstable.hg status
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:39:21 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 15:39:52 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

   I was hoping we could sync up with xen-unstable.hg and maintain
functionality, but it looks like things are changing too quickly.  I've
merged the tree and pushed it out for further testing/bug fixing.  Here
are a few status points:

      * blktap - works!
      * domU - boots
              * RX copy is now the default, so domU with vif will likely
                panic and crash on reboot (we really need a fix for
                this)
              * saving a domain works, restore is broken (libxc
                problem?)
              * reboot (w/o vif fails to restart the domain)
              * xm list reports a smaller memory size than specified in
                the config file (maybe we need to pad the memory
                allocation now?)
      * domVTI - boots (mostly)
              * ia64 VTI needs to be updated for this patch:
                http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg?cs=9a6fb3e2f12d In
current tree, domVTI boots up to probing for IDE disk, but never gets I/O
interrupts

   There is a build failure in the current xen-ia64-unstable.hg cset
(12394:529b3f3fb127), but I've sent a fix for it to xen-devel already.
To avoid it, comment out the libfsimage and pygrub lines of
tools/Makefile.  We don't currently make use of these, so there's no
harm in not building them.

   I think I've incorporated all the outstanding patches that are ready
to go.  I still need to work on Kaz's update to the MCA patches.  I'm
not sure if there are PV-on-HVM driver patches waiting for me to check
in (I don't think so, but please let me know if that's incorrect).  I
haven't seen Isaku's xenoprof patches for xen-devel go in, so I think
those are still waiting (but let me know if I'm mistaken).  If there's
anything else, please send me a reminder.

   Thanks for everyone jumping in to get the domain builders working
again, I hope we can quickly get the tree back to a functional state so
we can push our changes back into xen-unstable.  Thanks,

        Alex

PS - If anyone is looking for a stable xen-ia64-unstable tree, the last
cset prior to the merge up was 12018.

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.