Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Grub for ia64

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 01:11, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> Le Jeudi 07 Septembre 2006 21:07, Bjorn Helgaas a écrit :
> > On Tuesday 05 September 2006 05:45, Tristan Gingold wrote:

> > Do you want grub to replace elilo
> > in general?
> This is not my concern.  Distribs choose

Sure.  But why did you decide to port grub to ia64?  A preference
for grub config files?  A particular feature of grub that elilo
lacks?  Is grub's design better in some way?

I'm not trying to discourage you from working on grub or elilo.
I'm just trying to understand the benefits of having two projects
that do basically the same thing.

Bjorn