Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] bugzilla account for xen-ia64-devel ML

To: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] bugzilla account for xen-ia64-devel ML
From: Aron Griffis <aron@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 23:55:49 -0400
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:56:25 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Alex Williamson wrote:  [Fri Aug 25 2006, 10:38:50AM EDT]
> On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 08:57 -0400, Aron Griffis wrote:
> > Would anybody mind if I create a bugzilla.xensource.com account for
> > the xen-ia64-devel ML?  The goal is that the ML could be cc'd on ia64
> > bugs, to prevent a split of effort.
>
>    I'd like to setup my account to get CC'd on all ia64 bugs, but there
> are nearly 200 subscribers to xen-ia64-devel, only a handful of which
> probably want that level of detail.  Perhaps it would be better to
> detail on the list how we can set ourselves up for that(?).  Or maybe we
> need a separate bugs mailing list.  Thanks,

I started to look into this.  To accomplish this specific goal,
I think we'd need a new xen-ia64-bugs ML.  Then we'd need a JS
function set_cc() similar to set_assign_to() in create.html.tmpl, and
something similar in edit.html.tmpl...  There doesn't appear to be
a way to make this work without custom modifications to
bugzilla.xensource.com, both the HTML templates and the database to
support a default cc for a given hardware field, similar to the
default assignee for a given component.

In other words, it gets out of hand pretty quickly, and there doesn't
seem to be an easy way to do it otherwise.

Personally I might be content subscribing to
http://lists.xensource.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xen-bugs, then
using procmail to catch only new ia64 bugs.  With that approach, you'd
need to add yourself to the cc list manually to see the following
updates.  For example:

:0
* ^list-id:.*xen-bugs.lists.xensource.com
* ^subject:.*new:
{
    :0 B:
    * platform:.*ia64