[Xen-ia64-devel] Xen/IA64 Healthiness Report -Cset#10922

To: "xen-ia64-devel" <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Xen/IA64 Healthiness Report -Cset#10922
From: "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 18:21:51 +0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 03:27:49 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xen/IA64 Healthiness Report

We met several new issues in this Changeset. It cost us a lot time to reproduce
and locate the problem.

Testing Environment:
----------------------------
Platform: Tiger4
Processor: Itanium 2 Processor
Logic Processors number: 4
PAL version: 8.15
Service OS: RHEL4u3 IA64
VTI Guest OS: RHEL4u2 & RHEL4u3
XenU Guest OS: RHEL4u2
Xen IA64 Unstable tree: 10922:561df7d9cecc
Xen Schedule: bvt
VTI Guest Firmware MD5: 5a1260ce76dee63de2a81725a686686d

Summary Test Report:
-----------------------------
  Total cases: 13
  Passed:    11
  Failed:     2

Detailed test cases info:
-----------------------------
One_VTI_without_vif                pass
One_VTI                           pass
One_XenU                         pass
Two_VTI_Coexist                   __fail__(Note 1)
One_VTI_and_One_XenU           pass
Two_XenU_Coexist                 pass
One_VTI_4096M                   __fail__ (Note 2)
VTI_Network                       pass
XenU_Network                     pass
One_SMP_XenU                   pass
One_SMP_VTI                     pass
UP_VTI_LTP                       pass
VTI_Kernel_Build                   pass

Notes:
-----------------------------
1. Two VTI domains coexist testing failed in this changeset. After doing a lot
of
testing, we found this issue only happened on MT enabled platform. But we
didn't meet such similar problem before.
  In MT enabled platform, if we create VTI and ping its vcpu to Xen0 vcpu, VTI
domain can not be created successfully in limited times. VTI "stopped" at
"Switch to new root". But "xm list" can show VTI is still running. Maybe it is
just
because VTI is too slow.
  But in MT disabled platform, everything is okay. For example, creating VTI
and ping its CPU to Xen0 vcpu can be successful.

2. Create VTI domain with 4096M memory will failed at start network. Xiantao
has found out the issue.

Other Issue:
----------------------------
1. VTI domain sometime will stop at "Calibrating delay loop...". After this
issue
happened once, VTI domains will be hardly to boot up successfully. It needs
Xen0 rebooting. We also found this issue with bvt scheduler, but we have not
effective way to reproduce it.

2. Zombie domains and xm list issue. ** __New__ **
In our nightly testing and later stress testing (continuous creating/destroying
domains), there will happens zombie domain. After zombie domains happen,
creating a new xenU will cause "xm list" fail. "xm list" will fail and report:
"Device
769 not connected". We have to do xend stop and start manually to recover this
issue.

The last stable changeset: