[Xen-ia64-devel] Re: Pulling Xen-unstable

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 23:24 -0700, Yang, Fred wrote:
> Alex,
>
> Will it be possible to pull Xen-unstable againg?

  Possible and done ;^)

> We have been working to get Xen-unstable to boot with latest QEMU 0.8.1
> and seeing there are a lot of Csets different between Xen-unstable &
> xen-ia64_unstable now.  To further sure the patches won't be missed or
> collide between 2 trees, we would like your help to pull Xen-unstable so
> we can work on the latest IA64 code.
>
> Xiantao has submitted 2 patches to xen-unstable, so the new merged QEMU
> should be able to build for IA64

  Only the smaller of the two patches is in xen-unstable right now, so
the ioemu build on xen-ia64 is currently broken.  Anyone that wants to
successfully build tools w/o ioemu, comment out the CONFIG_IOEMU line in
config/ia64.mk.  I'll keep an eye on xen-unstable for the rest of the
ia64 qemu fixes.  We also need to be sure we replace the lost parts of
tools/ioemu/vl.c that were added from this cset:

http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/xen-ia64-unstable.hg?cs=8dc4af3f192c

Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.