Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Mini-OS on ia64

Le Lundi 24 Juillet 2006 15:11, Dietmar Hahn a écrit :
> Am Montag, 24. Juli 2006 10:15 schrieben Sie:
> > Le Lundi 24 Juillet 2006 09:20, Dietmar Hahn a écrit :
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > is anybody working on the port of the mini-os from the xen hg to ia64?
> >
> > As far as I know nobody is working on it.
>
> OK, then I will start.
>
> > > If not and if there is a common interest I would do it.
> >
> > This is a low priority item on my TODO list.
> > I can see three interest points for mini-os/ia64:
> > * if hvm moves to a stub domain approach it will require mini-os.  Thus
> > VTi would require mini-os too.
> > * mini-os can be used for corner case tests
> > * mini-os can be used for experimentations.
>
> Currently I use it to get more familiar with xen and the interfaces between
> xen and domU.
>
> > Tristan.
>
> At the moment I have running a rudimentary trap handler for the physically
> addresses (start_info, bootinfo and console page) and the event handler for
> timer and console events.
> Are there any guidelines to get in the sources?
I have not looked into mini-os for a while.  As far as I remember the low
level layers (exception, time and context switch) have to be rewritten for
ia64 (of course!).  The higher levels (console) should be portable without
any change.  The lowest level of event handler has to be rewritten too.

You have to look into linux-2.6-xen-sparse, both into arch/ia64 and
drivers/xen.

Feel free to ask more questions here.

Tristan.