RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] why does xenU console stop at"Freeingunusedkernel m

To: "'Akio Takebe'" <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Alex Williamson'" <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] why does xenU console stop at"Freeingunusedkernel memory:304KB freed"?
From: "yo.fujita" <yo.fujita@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 17:46:36 +0900
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 01:44:02 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Akio,

Thank you for your advice.
It works successfully!
It was fixed by small changes in domU's config and inittab.
I edited lines as below.

#domU's config
Before editing: extra = "nomca xencons=tty0 console=tty0 3"
After editing : extra = "nomca console=tty0 3"

#/etc/inittab
Before editing:
# Run gettys in standard runlevels
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty0
#1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1
#2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2
#3:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty3
#4:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4
#5:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty5
#6:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty6

After editing:
# Run gettys in standard runlevels
#1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty0
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1
2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2
3:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty3
4:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4
5:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty5
6:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty6

Thanks,
Fujita

Down"

> # If power was restored before the shutdown kicked in, cancel it.
> pr:12345:powerokwait:/sbin/shutdown -c "Power Restored; Shutdown
Cancelled"