Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Problems booting dom0!

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 13:58 +0000, Rodrigo Lord wrote:

> >>Also could you send the output of memmap ?
> #memmap
>
> LoaderData: 157 Pages (643,072)
> BS_data: 2,123 Pages (8,695,808)
> RT_code: 1,506 Pages (6,168,576)
> RT_data: 186 Pages (761,856)
> available: 2,093,056 Pages (8,573,157,376)
> Unusable: 17 Pages (69,632)
> ACPI_recl: 11 Pages (45,056)
> MemMapIO: 2,148,004,640 Pages (8,798,227,005,440)
> MemPortIO: 16,384 Pages (67,108,864)
> PAL_code: 64 Pages (272,144)
> Total Memory: 8,191 MB (8,589,733,888) Bytes

   Is there more to the memmap output?  You should get a bunch of lines
before this showing the exact memmory layout.  Please also send the
output of the 'pdt' command from the EFI shell.  On HP systems, this
will show the firmware page deallocation table.  You may want to check
for firmware updates on the rx5670 as well.  I think there may have been
an issue with very old firmware that we could mark pages bad in the
region elilo tries to load the kernel.  If that's the case, 'pdt clear'
and a reset should fix it, but you'll need to upgrade firmware to
prevent it from happening again.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.