Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [8/9] add mca.c for supporting INIT handler

To: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [8/9] add mca.c for supporting INIT handler
From: Akio Takebe <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:25:22 +0900
Cc: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 22:27:37 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, Alex

I used RHEL4's INIT handlers code.
I almost don't change it.
The reasons why I use RHEL4 code are:
1. Macro used by INIT handler in xen-ia64 is likely RHEL4's one.
2. RHEL4's code is stable (I think)

The purpose of making INIT handler is to use INIT for debug hypervior.
e.g.
1. To show call trace when xen infinity-loop.
2. To dump safely if kexec/kdump is implemented.

We're making MCA handler now.
(MCA test is difficult. we're now making MCA test program
with having Seto-san teach linux-MCA hadler.)
As you mentioned , my init handler is a little old.
If MCA handler use new linux code and require changing INIT hanler,
I'll update INIT handler. I promise it.

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe