Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] PATCH: optionnaly enable xen console with irq/input

To: Tristan Gingold <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] PATCH: optionnaly enable xen console with irq/input.
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:54:11 -0600
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 07:54:41 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 16:30 +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> Le Mercredi 21 Juin 2006 15:55, Tristan Gingold a écrit :
> [Resent - using serial console on linux was not working]
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > this patch allows the use of xen console in input (irq enable).
> > You need to set parameter xencons on command line and to disable serial
> > in linux kernel.
> You may also want to set xencons on command line when using vga console.

   At the risk of upsetting transparent paravirtualization, should we be
setting CONFIG_XEN_DISABLE_SERIAL in our buildconfig?  I'd really like
to see some way to do it dynamically so we can still build the 8250
driver into a kernel for a serial console on bare metal, but getting a
working serial console is currently too confusing.  Thoughts?  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.