[Xen-ia64-devel] RE: [RFC 1/2] Xen/ia64 modified files

To: "Jes Sorensen" <jes@xxxxxxx>, "Alex Williamson" <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: [RFC 1/2] Xen/ia64 modified files
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 17:47:42 +0800
Cc: linux-ia64 <linux-ia64@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 02:48:17 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, Jes,
        Thanks for careful review. I agree that xen should be introduced
as some type of new 'box' as others, like current sn/hp/dig under
arch/ia64. That does save many ugly checks for is_running_on_xen
scattered in common code. Future it would be even worse. Actually
that's the way how xen/x86 has already done currently, where
mach-xen is introduced under arch/i386 and thus the hierarchy is
much cleaner. IMO, that's one of the outstanding gaps between
xen/x86 and xen/ia64, and time for change now. :-)

Thanks,
Kevin