RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RFC: adding a dom0_firmware_setup hypercall

To: "Tristan Gingold" <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RFC: adding a dom0_firmware_setup hypercall
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 14:50:53 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:52:07 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Since it's a RFC, it's better if, you could give more detail description
about why you need this change and what benefit people can achieve
from. For example:
        - Why do you like to kill DOM0_SETVPUCONTEXT, which has
common concept and has been used for ia64 now?
        - Why is it the first step toward save&restore?
        - ...
Based on those information, people can better understand your
proposal and thus give appropriate comments.

BTW, why can't those new fields (or whole firmware setup structure) be
put in vcpu_guest_context without adding a new dom0_op?

>[This patch also contains warning cleanup, it will be separated of
>course].

It's still better if you could remove hunks which only contains warning
cleanup, and then make people further focusing the very content you
like others to review. :-)

Thanks,
Kevin