Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] About oom-killer bug

To: "Zhang, Xiantao" <xiantao.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] About oom-killer bug
From: Isaku Yamahata <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 19:01:27 +0900
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 May 2006 03:01:43 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Xiantao.

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 03:49:48PM +0800, Zhang, Xiantao wrote:
>       We have tried the latest #CSet, and found oom-killer bug is
> there now. Do you have any update on this? Could you share the final
> solution for it?

The patch was sent out. It hasn't been merged to the tree
yet(CS: 10138:2d08d6db792b).
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-ia64-devel/2006-05/msg00328.html
This patch is meant to solve the oom issue.

>  In addition, another bug was found by Intel QA team
> after dom0_VP open. We could't use tty0, tty1 ,ttyx and so on to login
> system and these terminals has nothing output, only one cursor is
> blinking in screen after xen0 boot up. Do you have any idea about it?
> Thanks

Do you mean the VGA console by ttyN (N = 0, 1, ...)?
I remember that Alex had a similar problems before which was already
solved by his patch.
There was the problem with creating memory descriptors which was
passed to dom0Linux. Then dom0Linux confused and failed to find VGA.
However the current implementation which creats memory descriptors
isn't perfect. So it might cause similar issues.

Could you check if dom0Linux is aware of VGA?
If it knows, you can see the line in the boot messages like
Console: colour VGA+ 80x25
(In my case. This message can vary depending on your hardware)

--
yamahata