Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] fedora-xen-ia64 first pass

Akio Takebe wrote:  [Mon May 22 2006, 04:09:43AM EDT]
> Which distro do you use on your rpmbuild system?
> Fedora5-ia64? or RHEL4?

Fedora Rawhide, ISO images available from
ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/fedora/download/weekly/

> Cannot we completely make fedora-xen-ia64 yet?
> I had the following error. Did I have mistakes?

[..snip..]
> error: Could not open /root/fedora/fedora-xen-ia64/SRPMS/xen-3.0.2-4.src.rpm:
> No such file or directory

This was the problem.  The SRPMS directory does not exist.  I updated
bashrc-snippet to create this automatically, see fedora-kernel-ia64
cset 16.

> So I do the following step.
> Is this step the same as yours?
>
> 1. make rpm of kernel (as-is Anil's step)
> >    hg clone http://free.linux.hp.com/~agriffis/fedora-kernel-ia64
> >    cd fedora-kernel-ia64
> >    mkdir -p BUILD RPMS/ia64
> >    source bashrc-snippet  # might want this in your ~/.bashrc
> >    cd SPECS
> >    rpmbuild -ba kernel-2.6.spec
>
> 2. make xen
>       # rpmbuild -bp xen.spec
>       # cd ../BUILD/xen-unstable.hg/
>       # make xen
>       # make tools
>       # make install-tools
>       # cp xen/xen.gz /boot/efi/efi/redhat/

Following full build of rpms, you should install the packages instead
of installing manually.  (I understand you installed manually here
because the packages did not build completely... sorry!)

However there are some dependencies needed from extras yet.  While we
are waiting for extras to be built in its entirety, I will supply
a yum repository in a follow-up message.

Regards,
Aron