RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] PATCH: cleanup of tlbflush

To: "Tristan Gingold" <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Magenheimer, Dan \(HP Labs Fort Collins\)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, "Alex Williamson" <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>, "Isaku Yamahata" <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] PATCH: cleanup of tlbflush
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 09:08:17 +0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 10 May 2006 18:08:34 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>From: Tristan Gingold [mailto:Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx]
>set

>> >No really.  Page sharing is only from domU to dom0.  Thus, if we
>trust
>> >dom0 we
>> >don't need to flush all the tlb.
>>
>> No, even for dom0, the mapped va may be accessed on several vcpus
>> and thus you have to flush all related TLBs. On this point, there's
no
>> need to differentiate dom0 or domU.
>We can trust dom0.  It flushes it correctly with ptc.l or ptc.ga.

For auto translated mode, guest page table is not changed and only p->m
relationship is changed. So guest doesn't issue ptc, and current
para-driver explicitly depends on grant table ops to purge gva->m
mapping. We just follow that model and no need to change it.

Thanks
Kevin