RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Transparent paravirtualization is broken

To: "Tristan Gingold" <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Transparent paravirtualization is broken
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 10:22:53 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 May 2006 10:23:27 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Historically, we've put a call to xen_init() in any
driver initialization that might run on Xen but shouldn't
when running native.

Hollis is very much against that approach but we've
continued to use it just because it is simple and
effective.  Hollis' approach is probably better but
nobody has tested it or provided a patch.

Some of the discussion is at:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-09/msg00881.html