Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Creating VTI will reboot whole system in latest Cse

To: "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Creating VTI will reboot whole system in latest Cset.
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:51:36 -0600
Cc: Isaku Yamahata <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:51:49 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 09:04 -0600, Alex Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 18:21 +0800, You, Yongkang wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I found latest Cset 9851 has problem to create VTI domain.
> > When try to create VTI domain, the whole system will reset.
>
>    I see the same thing.  Looks like it started with cset 9756
> "introduce P2M conversion".  I'll see if there's any obvious way to fix
> it since reverting that patch may be difficult.  Thanks,

Isaku,

   AFAICT, we're dying in assign_domain_page() called from
vmx_build_physmap_table() for the io_ranges.  Could you make sure I
didn't break something when applying the patches.  The physaddr passed
into assign_domain_page() from there seems suspicious.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Linux & Open Source Lab