[Xen-ia64-devel] alt_itlb_miss?

To: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] alt_itlb_miss?
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:08:06 -0600
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:08:20 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

   I know we had some discussion about this back in February, but I'm
hitting the alt_itlb_miss handler in Xen and blowing up.  The scenario
where I see this is when the EFI runtime code doesn't happen to be
covered by the TR inserted for PAL.  The box I have with this slightly
different, but perfectly valid, address map dies when calling
efi_gettimeofday().  Back in February, it seemed like we disabled the
alt_itlb_miss handler thinking that everything would be covered by the
TRs inserted for the kernel and PAL, but I don't think we considered
other parts of firmware that might not be in the same granule as PAL.
It's actually surprising to me that we haven't hit this yet.  Is there
any reason we should keep the FORCE_CRASH at the end of alt_itlb_miss,
or can I get rid of it?  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Linux & Open Source Lab