RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RFC: ptc.ga implementation for SMP-g

To: "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx>, "Tristan Gingold" <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RFC: ptc.ga implementation for SMP-g
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:18:31 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:18:47 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

First, I'm not sure the exact trouble for IPI with migration, which should be
same for all approaches if there.

Then, I think things may become more complex if vcpu1 doesn't wait for
other vcpus to complete the purge emulation. You need to consider race
conditions since multiple emulation requests may exist at same time if
previous ptc.ga emulation returns before completion.

Thanks,
Kevin