[Xen-ia64-devel] Weekly Xen-IA64/VTI status report.

To: "xen-ia64-devel" <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Weekly Xen-IA64/VTI status report.
From: "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 00:19:52 +0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:20:49 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

This week Xen-IA64 has integrated an important feature that destroying domain
can release Domain's memory. With this feature, we can destroy and create multi
times without reboot service OS.

Main usage Issue:
1. If destroying XenU after it been brought up, XenU can not be created again.
(This should be fixed by Anthony's patch)
2. If create XenU when Domain VTI is booting, VTI domain will hang. And XenU
console also didn't output. Xm list can show xenU is running, but VTI is
stopped.
3. If vif option is uncommented out, VTI domain can not be created normally. It
will report Hot plug failed. It is induced by 1 IA32 bug fixing.
4. LTP case crashme issue has been fixed.

Fixed obvious bugs (see my last week report.):
1. Destroy XenU will release memory. Actually domain VTI will also release most
of occupied memory, although xm list shows zombie domain still uses 256M

The nightly testing result has been post to attachment. The failed cases are
because vif is default opened. I can still catch some unstable Xen0. Sometimes
Xen0 will hang when creating Domain VTI.

My testing environment:
    Machine                     : Itanium 2 on Tiger4
        Xen Source tree : xen-ia64-unstable
    Changeset           : 9084 -> 9161
        Build method            : make -j5
    Xen0 OS                     : RHEL4 U2 (no SMP)
    VTI OS                      : RHEL4 U2 (no SMP)
    XenU OS                     : RHEL4 U2 (no SMP)

I also run 20060306 LTP in Xen0. The result is not too bad. The following cases
may have problem. I will redo them on latest Cset, and report 1 by 1.
ltp:syscalls nanosleep02 FAIL
ltp:syscalls madvise02 FAIL
ltp:syscalls setrlimit03 FAIL
ltp:math float_exp_log FAIL