[Xen-ia64-devel] RE: PG_arch_1 conflict

To: "Hollis Blanchard" <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: PG_arch_1 conflict
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:54:06 -0800
Cc: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 20:54:50 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
See previous discussion at:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-12/msg00238.html

The issue is that PG_arch_1 is reserved for arch-specific
usage, the paravirtualization changes for Xenlinux utilize
it (to mark foreign pages) because it was otherwise unused
in Linux/x86.  But Xen is no longer an arch.

Grep'ing for "PageForeign" in -sparse will show most (all?)
of the actual uses of it.  Nearly all are in x86-specific
code.  But one is in netback_init().

Dan