[Xen-ia64-devel] PG_arch_1 conflict

To: <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] PG_arch_1 conflict
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:48:57 -0800
Cc: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 21:49:38 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We're not quite to the point of bringing up networking
yet but in digging through the mailing list archive,
I was reminded of a problem that we will soon run into:
Xenlinux/x86 utilizes the PG_arch_1 bit to represent
a "foreign" page.  Linux/ia64 (and I think Linux/ppc)
use the PG_arch_1 bit for arch-dep purposes.

It this conflict is not resolved before Xenlinux/ia64
supports networking, there will likely be some very
interesting bugs...

Dan