RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] translate_domain_mpaddr error message

To: "Magenheimer, Dan \(HP Labs Fort Collins\)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, "Tristan Gingold" <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] translate_domain_mpaddr error message
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 04:59:04 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:00:21 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think the cause from one patch you made before, to include holes
in the memmap of dom0 and thus ensure access to domU's pages
legal within dom0. The approach you chose that time is to reserve a
trunk at the end of max_pfn, which however is definitely out of
dom0_start + dom0_size.

So that warning info is hurtles, which then occurs intermittently and
will be fixed once Isaku's memory reshuffle effort gets done.

By far, we may choose to either disable the warning or add the check
upon that special granule, or just ignore it. ;-)

Thanks,
Kevin