RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] vIOSAPIC and IRQs delivery

To: "Tristan Gingold" <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] vIOSAPIC and IRQs delivery
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 13:26:25 -0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:27:00 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Tristan --

Do you have any more design information?  I'm not very
familiar with the x86 implementation but is it your intent
for it to be (nearly) identical?  What would be different?

Would all hardware I/O interrupts require queueing by
Xen in an event channel?  This seems like it could be
a potential high overhead performance issue.

Perhaps a design document (or at least a few paragraphs)
would be useful for the developers on the list.

Thanks,
Dan