[Xen-ia64-devel] Weekly VTI status report.

To: <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Weekly VTI status report.
From: "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 23:50:50 +0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 15:51:17 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

There are a lot of Changset from last Friday about xen-ia64-unstable tree (from
8902 to 9079). Xen and VTI kept well in my box until 9006. XenU couldn't be
created in latest Changeset (9079), if without Akio's patch sent in 2/28. I
will write my testing information and main issues below. (Several issues has be
reported in mailing list also.)

My testing environment:
===============
Machine: Montecito
Physical Memory: 2G
Service OS: RHEL4u2.
Xen IA64 Unstable Changeset: From 8902 to 9079
Domain VTI: RHEL4u2
XenU: RHEL4u2
Each Domain memory: 256M
Make: default making.

Main issue:
===============
1. Xen boot issue: From Changeset 9006, Xen couldn't boot up in my box. It
always stopped at:
(Xen) Sync i/d cache for guest SUCC
Present Status: it has been fixed by Anthony's patch (Avoid double reclaim...),
and this issue only will happened on box memory < 2G.

2. XenU Creating Issue: Latest Changeset (e.g. 9079). XenU couldn't be created
and Xen0 report:
"Error: Device 769 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not
working."
With Akio's temporary patch for xenstore, I can successfully create DomainU in
Xen0.

3. Oops Issue: In latest Changeset 9079, I catch a lot of Oops in Xen0 serial
console and VTI domain. After I start Xen0 (doesn't start xend and create VTI),
Xen0 serial console report:
(Xen) Oops, pending guest timer before its due
After Create VTI domain, VTI also report Oops in Qemu Window:
Oops: time tick before it's due (itc=8f93829424, itm=8f9387dc05)
These messages will be posted every several minutes.

4. Couldn't Input Issue: In recent Changeset (before 9000), after "xend start",
no input can be accepted from tty and serial console. We can only use ssh or
vncviewer to connect Xen0.

5. scp large file is unstable in Xen0: In recent Changeset (e.g. 9005) if I scp
a large file (>2G) from another machine to Xen0, the transfer speed is great
fluctuation. And it often couldn't finish scp function.

LTP in VTI domain based on 9079
9079 is the SMP xen.
I only run quickhit in Domain VTI. All 121 cases are passed.

VTI domain and XenU domain on 9079 (with Akio's patch)
I can create 2 domains (VTI and XenU) at the same time. They all worked well.
The last LTP run on VTI when XenU is running also.

Best Regards,
Yongkang (Kangkang) 永康